Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Valued Pioneer

profit and loss statement

My husband and I are trying to refinance our mortgage.  He files as a 1099 consultant and filed a schedule C.  Our lender is asking for a profit and loss statement for 2015.  How can I get one?

Amy Tzall

Tax Pro

Re: profit and loss statement

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the community.

Do you have a copy of your 2015 tax return and all of your forms and schedules that go with it?  Did you have a Schedule C on your 2015 tax return?

Your schedule C will show your profit or loss from business.  It is essentially the same thing as a profit and loss statement.

I recommend however that in addition to your tax return you fill out this actual Profit & Loss Statement since you don't already have a P&L statement.  It's fillable online and printable.  You will need your income and expense records from the business in order to complete the form, but it's pretty straight forward.

I hope this helps you out.

Louis,
Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Where I can find the "Profit & Loss Statement" to fill it out?

Tax Pro

Hi tcmouse,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

I apologize.  I'm not sure where the link in the previous post went, but I've included a new one below for you.

PROFIT & LOSS STATEMENT

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)