Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-23-2018

What form would this be?

My grandmother passed away last year and she left some money to me, so I am wondering what form will I be getting for that? Also, where would the form be coming from? It was in a bank account that she left for me and my brother, so we just took out our half and closed the account. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Associate (Council Member)
Posts: 509
Registered: ‎01-31-2014

Re: What form would this be?



First let me say I feel sorry for your loss.  You most likely will not receive any form for the money left to you.

Since this is an inheritance from the loss of your grandmother there is no tax consequence for you or your brother.

Consider well what to do with this money.  One shameless plug here, look into opening a Roth will thank

yourself some years into the future.


Hope this helps!