Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

State Download Is No Longer Available

I've just downloaded the "H&R Block At Home 2011 Mac Deluxe Federal + State."

However, the program is giving me a message that "State Download Is No Longer Available." It then directs me to a website that is out of date.

Can someone please help me with this as I don't wish to pay extra for another State program

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: State Download Is No Longer Available

Hi normawilla10,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

So with this one there are a couple of options available to you.  First, you can call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK and see if H&R Block support can do anything for you (I'm sure they can).  The other option is that you can probably file your state return for free through your state website if a free option is not available through H&R Block.  Most states offer an online free file option through their department of revenue website.

Note that if you go through Block you may or may not have to purchase the state software separately and that may or may not be the issue.  Your support agent will know the answer on that, and if you do have to purchase your state separately then you can get the current download on the H&R Block website.  Most states cost about $39 when purchased separately.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)