Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

Name to enter for Emerald Card Online Purchase

For an online purchase, how do I enter the name of the card? 

First name-H&R

Last name-BLOCK CLIENT 

OR

First name-H&R

Middle initial-B

Last Name-CLIENT

Additionally some websites won't accept the "&" symbol in the name

Tax Pro

Re: Name to enter for Emerald Card Online Purchase

Hi gbf2515,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

If you're trying to enter the type of card then you should enter "MasterCard".

If you're trying to enter the name on the card then that is the name of the person to whom the card is registered (your first and last name).

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Hi, I am trying to purchase something online, this is the 2nd time. & every time i put my information in it tells me there is a card error. Do I use my address? Or an HR block address? How do i do this? Because nothing is working

tiffanytobin123,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue trying to make an online purchase with your Emerald Card. Unfortunately we don't have access to client accounts here in the Community. I would recommend contacting the Emerald Card client support team at the number on the back of your card.

Good luck to you.

Harold

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

I know- the cards have very little information on them!

To make a purchase, enter the name the tax return was done in (likely your name or your spouse's name), and the address is the address you gave the rep as your physical address when you did your taxes or applied for the card.