Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Trusted Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Link An External Account to Transfer Funds to My Emerald Card

I am trying to add funds to my Emerald card by linking an external checking account.

I cannot seem to find how to do this.

The help section states,

"Go to the Transfer Money screen and select the Manage Your Linked Account tab. Then, enter your Routing Transit Number(RTN) and Account number twice and click Add Account."

The only problem is that I do NOT see a TRANSFER MONEY screen to do this.

Please help.

Thanks!

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: Link An External Account to Transfer Funds to My Emerald Card

Cvenable1127, 

Thanks for the question.  You will need to login to hrblock.com/emeraldcard and register for online access to your Emerald Card. Once you go to this link, create a username and password. You will be taken to the My H&R Block Account. In the middle of the page, you will see the Emerald Card section. Select the link to access your card. You will be asked to verify your identity and link your username and password to your card. Once you've completed this step, your card will be visible on the site. You will click the 'view" button next to the last 4 digits of your card number. This will take you to Emerald Online. There is a section called "My Linked Accounts". That's where you will link an external checking account and faciliate the transfer from your external account to your card. 

I hope that helps. 

Thank you, 
Crystal A

The Emerald Card Team

Trusted Pioneer

Crystal,

Thank you for your response.
I already had online access to my Emerald card and still do not see anything regarding MY LINKED ACCOUNTS.
I see:
My Activity

My Money On

My Bills

My Money Off

My Mobile Top-Up

My Questions

And that is it aside from the side panels which include;

My Card

And some contests I can enter.

Please let me know if I am not looking in the correct place.
Trusted Pioneer

Esteemed Pioneer

I had the same problem too, but my tab finally showed up after two weeks when I had my first payroll deposit put on my card.  I wasn't in a hurry to transfer funds so I never bothered to call customer service to ask about it Smiley Embarassed

Trusted Pioneer

I have my direct deposit put in another account. I just want to transfer some to this card. Maybe I can't without direct deposit.
Esteemed Pioneer

I don't think so, I work with a gal that had money transferred and she doesn't have any direct deposit set up. She did say it took 2-3 days for the transfer is all.  It'd be worth a call to the card customer service to find out if they can fix it for you.

Pioneer

I have the same problem - I have a card, linked to my online access and am not able to see a transfer funds screen. Please help!

thank you!

Pioneer

CrystalA wrote:

Cvenable1127, 

Thanks for the question.  You will need to login to hrblock.com/emeraldcard and register for online access to your Emerald Card. Once you go to this link, create a username and password. You will be taken to the My H&R Block Account. In the middle of the page, you will see the Emerald Card section. Select the link to access your card. You will be asked to verify your identity and link your username and password to your card. Once you've completed this step, your card will be visible on the site. You will click the 'view" button next to the last 4 digits of your card number. This will take you to Emerald Online. There is a section called "My Linked Accounts". That's where you will link an external checking account and faciliate the transfer from your external account to your card. 

I hope that helps. 

Thank you, 
Crystal A

The Emerald Card Team

I have no section called "my linked accounts".  has this option been dropped

Associate

I had this same issue.  I called and was told that for new cards it takes a few days for the "Linked Account" module to show up on your online account.  It took me about 5 business days before mine showed up.  Hope this helps.