Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-07-2017

Federal tax return rejected

Hi, I've filed my federal tax return and it showed I could get a refund so I paid $55 for H&R block. I did suprise at first because Turbo tax said I had owed tax. But I got H&R checked my information and everything so I decided to pay $55 to file tax here. Now my federal tax return is rejected and turns out I owe tax from the federal but my card has been charged. Is there any way that I can delete my file and get my money back? 

Trusted Council Member
Posts: 6,191
Registered: ‎02-23-2016

Re: Federal tax return rejected

Hi yubitoashiya,


Welcome to the H&R Block community.


You can correct whatever the error is and re-send your federal return for free.  There's no charge to re-send a rejected return.


You do have the option of calling support at 1-800-HRBLOCK and requesting a refund, however I can't make any promises as the use of the software is what you pay for and since you already used the software to file a return so I don't see them giving you one.  I'm sure that if they don't offer you a refund they will help you fix the return though.