Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

Emerald card replacement

I need a replacement card and when I call in they either take forever on hold or call disconnects I am busy I have not had chance to make it in to a office what can I do.. Also how can I add a joint card holder can they go without me to apply for card
Tax Pro

Re: Emerald card replacement

Hi Anjelgp,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

You can get a replacement Emerald card at any H&R Block office, and this is going to be your fastest option.  You can also access your Emerald card account through MyBlock and you should be able to request a replacement from there.

The other person who wanted to get an Emerald card may absolutely go to an office and apply on their own.  If you want to have them on a joint account though you would both have to be there or you would have to call the support phone number on the back of your Emerald card to get them added.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Good Luck! I went to get my replacement card the lady at H & R office wasn't sure what to do.....so she called customer service i got on the phone he asked for card # of old card i called 2 days earlier to report lost so he asked for exp date. Bottom line he told me it would take 2 hrs for the money to go on the new card and i was to call them back in customer service in 2 hours. FYI unless your card is activated you cant get through to customer service. I finally got a live person who told me i cant use my replacement card because my information wasnt on the new card so they would mail it.
They dont show my Emerald account because they removed the lost card. So when they removed my card I can no longer log into Emerald acct. It doesn't show that i have an account anymore...They cant find me or my MONEY!!!
Associate (Pioneer)

You cannot call the number on the back on the card to have an additional person added as a Joint Card Holder nor can you do it through your My Block Account although there is a option. I am trying to get this resolved so the option which allows a client to do this at home is functional.

Highlighted
Associate (Pioneer)

Presently, the easier thing to do is to visit any open HR Block office.  The person you which to add must be present with valid ID