Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Valued Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Emerald card reload network

Is there a way to check status on the reload network?  I went to do a load today at walmart around 4pm and the transaction was cancelled - small receipt said debit not approved.  i am not over any limits 24 hour/30 day.  i had no problem yesterday at the same location.  should i just wait a day or two?

Tax Pro

Re: Emerald card reload network

[ Edited ]

Hi makela,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

What you should do is give it a couple of days and then try again.  There may be a temporary issue with the Emerald cards or your transaction may have exceeded a limit and you just didn't realize it.

You can call the support phone number on the back of your Emerald card if you would like and they should be able to figure out what the issue is.

If it's something with your individual card you may also be able to see what the issue is by viewing your Emerald account in MyBlock.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

Re: Emerald card reload network

Is the 30 day limit $5000?  All I have read says $9500, but I think I had the same issue last month when I reached a similar amount.