Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

Emerald card not working in europe

I have been attempting to use my emerald card in Europe for several days now. I was assured by a tax representative that there would be no issues, but it hasn't worked once. I have tried atms, toll booths, gas stations, and Starbucks. It isn't working, and I am low on other funds. I need to figure out how to get access to my money in Europe.
Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: Emerald card not working in europe

Hi aas2010,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Have you checked to make sure your funds are available?  If so, have you tried pulling money out of a 7-11 or CVS ATM (there's no charge at these locations)?

If you can access the internet and you should be able to link a checking account to your Emerald card account in MyBlock and I'm not 100% on this but you may be able to transfer the funds to your bank account so that you can access them.

You may have to call the customer service phone number on the back of your Emerald card for assistance with this one.  If you are able to use your card in Europe they will be able to tell you how, but as far as I know you can only an Emerald card in the United States.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)