Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Emerald Savings

Do I need to get an Emerald Savings account to be eligible for an Emerald Advance?

Associate (Neighbor)

Re: Emerald Savings

Jason,

The answer is no, you don't need an Emerald Savings account to be eligible for an Emerald Advance but.....

IF you have an Emerald Savings account you pay MUCH less interest on an Emerald Advance Loan than 

someone whod doesn't have a savings account!   You should really look into starting a savings account to 

maybe save you money down the road.

Good Luck!

Pioneer

how do i set up my emerald savings?

Associate (Neighbor)

keiralm,

Do you currently have an emerald card?   If so, log into your account and follows the prompts for setting up emerald savings.

If you do not have a card, you could go into an HRB office and apply for one.   the people in the office should know how 

to do that using Emerald Perks.   Set up the savings by making a deposit into that emerald account.

Good Luck with setting up the account and Good Choice on doing just that!

Valued Pioneer

So last night I attempted to transfer money from my emerald card into a newly established epocket account.During this process the website was spitting out error messages say the transaction was not complete. so i tried again. received another error message. now when i look on my account i see there are 3 transfers to an epocket account for the same amounts back to back which has resulted in my account being overdrawn. (being that its a prepaid card i find the fact that your system even allowed it to overdraw THAT much is seriously amazing) I have been on the phone with customer support for the past 3 hours i have utilized both my phones in an attempt to contact a manager. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO SPEAK WITH ONE SO FAR. I need someone to get on the horn and fix this. this is clearly an error on YOUR behalf YOUR system was not working properly which has resulted in a serious financial strain ON ME. i need a manager to actually pick up the phone. 3 times already have i been "transfered to a manager" and have waited and waited and waited until literally thee IVR system has either dropped my call or just sent me straight to the survey. this is absolutely ridiculous that i cant speak to someone in charge or that this has even happened. i need someone to contact me now to resolve this issue.