Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

Emerald Card

When I call my emerald card it says my funds have been processed an loaded onto my emarld card an my taxes are now complete but I have no money on their like its suppose too???
Tax Pro

Re: Emerald Card

HI davidsmamma1,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

What you'll want to do is give it a couple of days.  The funds may be loaded but may not actually be available for use yet.  It can take 24-48 hours.

If you claimed the EIC or the ACTC then the information you received is incorrect.  Taxpayers claiming these two credits will not actually receive a refund until the last week of February at the earliest although their refund may be authorized (approved) as early as February 15th according to the latest information from the IRS.

Hopefully this helps clear things up.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Then why is it saying my funds are available an my 2017 taxes are completed an h&r block done got there fees but I don't have the rest of my money an that's bs
Valued Pioneer

Why is it taking until Monday now to load my funds to my card? And when I call it says there is a payment to me pending. I have used this card for years and never had a problem, my employer deposits my money on Friday and its always available on Saturday. This week and 2 weeks ago, now it wants to deposit it 2 days later on a Monday. I will find another institution because I cannot wait this long to receive my funds!

Tax Pro

Hi MrBrad187,

An Emerald card account is the equivalent of a checking account.  Direct deposits are usually available the next business day, although sometimes the funds are available on the same day.  That's actually standard practice, but if a Friday deposit doesn't show up on Tuesday then I would start to worry.  If the last couple of deposits were made late in the day or if Saturday is not a business day for the bank but previously was then either of those may be where the difference is being made.  I can't tell you with certainty why they are holding the deposit until the next business day this time around, but if you call the support phone number on the back of your Emerald card they may be able tot help you with that.

HR1
Pioneer

I am having the same issue. payroll direct deposit should be avail Thurs pm or  midnight   been received later and later on Friday am . Called the c/s number who are no help states it is up to the job not them which is bs! I work in the acct dept and know for a fact it should be avail earlier and know people who get it Thurs afternoon., What is going on with HR BLOCK are you doing a  Ponzi scheme using money to replace other peoples money

Associate (Neighbor)

You do understand HRB does NOT have your money, the bank that handles the Emerald Card does.  You might want to 

consider investigating how to contact the bank and check with them on why it appears to take so long.  I understand and 

agree with you about the frustration of dealing with the c/s at the number on the back of the card.

Hope that clears some things up for you!