Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

Emerald Card

So yesterday I went for a run and left my phone charging at the house , I got back and checked my phone & had all these txt messages from my h& r block emerald card saying I did all these transactions at 6:09pm-6:32pm. They took $218.77 out my card. Supposedly it was at Walgreens, taco bell & the rest where at Wal-Mart. I haven't used my card to purchase anything since Saturday night. My question is has anyone had any problems with the emerald card? I did called right away , I did print & faxed a paper they emailed me & now I have to wait 10days to receive my card and 20 days to put my money back. Because they are still investigating.

Trusted Council Member

Re: Emerald Card

Hi marisaa_yv,

Not sure how this could have happnened but glad you caught on and took action.  I have not had anyone else come forward in my area with the same problem, so hopefuly this is an isolated incident.  Thank you for brining this to everyone's attention.

Pioneer

No problem! They put the money back in my card on Saturday , just have to wait for my card to arrive Smiley Happy but i don't know how that happened I did ask for them to have the investigators to call me & tell me , that way I could prevent that from happening again ! Smiley Happy
Tax Pro

You may want to share this information with the place that loads your card. 

BettyB
Sr. Tax Analyst
Pioneer

Never received my Emerald Card...not very happy at all and of course you can't ever get in touch with a real person anymore...not happy at all!

Trusted Council Member

Hi Lrjrn97,

Welcome to the community.

Which customer service phone number have you called?  If you haven't called Emerald customer service, please try calling them at 1-866-353-1266 and let them know that you never received your Emerald card.

You can also tell them that it was lost or stolen and then once it's been deactivated you can go to your local H&R Block office and get a new card issued on the spot.  Everything from the missing card will automatically transfer to the new one.

Finally, if there was some kind of issue with issuing you a card then any refund that you had elected to have put on the card will automatically be sent to you in the form of a check instead.

Again, please be sure and call Emerald customer service and they'll be able to assist you with this.

Hope this helps you out & please ask if you have any other questions.

Pioneer

Hi I just noticed that my Emerald Card was stolen also today on a 9th is the last time I used it I took $200 out they just sent me a text message saying I have to fill out this paperwork clean form and fax it back to them I was trying to make up an account to see all of my activity but I don't know the 3-digit security code on the back of the card I only know last 4 digits of my card anybody know where I can find it at I am not happy I do believe a friend stole it from me and like I told the people at H&R Block I would like to press charges to the fullest extent they sent me some of the transactions but I remember taking you out on the 9th $200 at 8:30 in the morning they sent me transactions from 2:30 in the afternoon 11 and 9th