Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

Emerald Card restriction

Hi guys. So I have a HrBlock Emerald Card (had it since last year, not expired yet) and I *just* got my refund loaded onto this morning. I tried using it to pay a bill and it wont let me. It keep saying that the card is declined. I tried using it at an ATM to withdraw money and it says it is restricted. Granted I havent used it since LAST YEAR but my understanding is that once the money is loaded onto the card I can use it.

What good is an emerald card if you cant get the money off it?

Tax Pro

Re: Emerald Card restriction

Hi srpickel,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

I'm sorry that you're having a tough time with your Emerald card.  You may want to call the support phone number on the back of your card to find out what's going on.

Sometimes it can be 24-48 hours before you are able to use the funds from a refund check once they've been deposited although they may show on your account as having been deposited.  It's kind of like cashing a check at the bank where they hold your deposit for day or two while they wait for it to clear.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Hi,

Have you had your issue resolved? The same thing happended to me and I am not getting an answer from the customer service representatives. They just keep telling me that my card is active and ready to use?

Pioneer

Hello,

I have waited the 24-48 hours and I still cannot use my card. The customer service reps have been no help. They are not understanding me and I am not understanding them. They just keep telling me that my card is active and I can use it and I cannot.

Please help! I need my money!!!!

Pioneer

My issue has been resolved. I had to go to an HRBlock office to get me a new card.

Highlighted
Pioneer

I am having the same issue and cannot use my card it is very annoying