Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Emerald Card PURCHASE (not tax) refund?

I made a purchase on ebay. The seller cancelled (the item he was going to send didn't work properly upon final inspection, he decided to refund rather than send a broken product), ebay and paypal are showing the refund processed. I am not seeing the refund on my card.

I called the contact number listed on the website. The rep did not assist at all, and rather than telling me what the turnaround is or how long it'd be before the refund processed, how long it typically takes, he just gave me a phone number for a dispute line. 

Anyone ever had a transaction that had to be refunded?  About how long did it take? This is a transaction of over $100.00, and I need the money back pretty quickly. Do I really have to go file a dispute when ebay and paypal say the money has been returned?

Thanks, all.

Tax Pro

Re: Emerald Card PURCHASE (not tax) refund?

Hi coco_puffs_101,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

It should take no more than a day or two for a refund from a purchase to become available on your card.

We do not have access to check on this at the community level, so if more than a week goes by and the funds still aren't there I would call the support phone number on the back of your card again and see what you can find out.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Valued Pioneer

Louis,

Thanks for the prompt response!  I kind of figured, but this is my first time using a prepaid card for anything, so wasn't quite sure. 

I'll keep an eye out, then!  I appreciate it Smiley Happy

Pioneer

Just curious did you get refunded yet? The same kind of thing happened to me but it's been over 12 business days nothing idk if I should call them or what.