Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Highlighted
Pioneer

Emerald Advance Line of Credit

I got approved for the emerald advance and used my tax return to pay it off. Does that mean I won't have he year long credit?? I went to log in and see. It says my balance is zero and I can't draw from it
Tax Pro

Re: Emerald Advance Line of Credit

Hi jennylee2007,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

The Emerald card is not a credit card, it is a prepaid debit card.  You can get a cash advance loaded onto it once or twice per year depending on what H&R Block is doing for that year.  You can apply for an Emerald Advance in November, and that has been every year to date since they started doing it.  The other opportunity for a cash advance is when you do your tax return and that may or may not be available in any given year (it was this year but was not offered in 2016).

You have a pay down date in February each year and that's when your cash advance must be re-paid.  Usually it's the 15th of February unless you elected to pay it through your tax refund.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

be2
Pioneer

Re: Emerald Advance Line of Credit

So I get approved every Nov for the advance and always pay it off by deadline me and my husband have direct deposit I see u can request an advance year round so i am wondering how we could request for an advance to help catch up on some bills mainly rent .....