Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

EMERALD CARD SERVICES

I filed my taxes February 19th. I havent recived my Emerald Card for over a month. I finally contacted their customer service on March 6th. They stated that i should wait. Mind you I told them as well as HR block Reps that i live in Bethel Alaska. The nearest HR block office is a plane ride away which would cost me 600 round trip. Anyways back to my card. I decided to wait it out and maybe itll arrive but before i decided that. I asked if there was an option to have it sent to me quicker. They said no. Then Monday March the 12 came and still no card. I called Emerald again and was outraged when i was told i would get it within 4 days with a cost of 35.00$ All that week from Monday i called and every time i called i would get a different answer to a question i would ask about my card then id tell them over and over what i did and they would repeat everything i said. I asled where are they located and they said the Phillipeans. I am just barely giving you the real details of my ordeal with them. I am so exhausted ive also lost my voice bcs they dont understand or get where I am coming from. My husband said i shouldve requested the card bcs j may never see it. I ALSO tried called the Anchorage office and told them about my situation and they said bcs i did my taxes on my own they cant help you. Finally March 17h ispoke to a supervisor and he said they processed my card on the 21st instead of the 19th and for sure ill get it by monday. This was a supervisor who told me. Then monday came. Still nothing. I was so fed up with the services i was getting i called an Hr blovk rep for thr 4th or 5th time. Finally i spoke with a guy named mark. He could tell by my voice how upset i was bcs it has been a montjmh without a card. Then he said to me. My card was not even processed at all and i was waiting for one for nothing. Ohh i lost it. I started crying and said. Now i am scared. I thought. Is this fraud. Is my funds protected. Am i being overcharged fees. So many things went thru my mind. I was not at ease. He kept trying to calmly talk to me and said. I am going to help you and youll get your card this time. He reverified my info and apologized for the emerald customer services. That gave me a little hope. Now today is monday and i still havent recived my card. I was told by mark to call the next day get a tracking number bcs it is updated every 24hrs. Emerald never gave me a tracking number tbey said they cant and i should get my card tomorrow. I dont believe that and i asked how my card is being shipped by fedex or ups. I am so upset by the services provided by both parties. There are other situations ive dealt with but ill leave it at that. I want my refund. Is there a way the IRS can send me a check or if an Anchorage office can over night me a card to Bethel. This is thr last time i am doing my taxes with HR block. The services i exoerienced was beyond horrible.