Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

Cannot activate Emerald card

I have tried calling the 866-307-4441 and 866-353-1266 numbers to activate my card.  Both numbers say the my card number and SSN cannot be found.  Tried doing it online, but it says I need a PIN, which I do not have yet.  Says to get a PIN to call 866-353-1266 which just tells me that my card cannot be found.  Both phone numbers just keep asking for me to enter my card number and/or SSN, no way to talk to anyone.  Would like to resolve today as I hoped to use my refund money. Smiley Sad

Associate (Neighbor)

Re: Cannot activate Emerald card

Have you tried to use the last four numbers of your SSN as your PIN?

Sometimes that helps.

Pioneer

I am having this problem as well and entering my last four didn't do the trick.

Highlighted
Pioneer

I tried again yesterday and it finally activated for me. However, my refund was not on there like I expected it to be. Turns out it will get deposited at the same time I could have had it deposited to my checking account. Very misleading when they say you’ll get your refund money faster if you put it on the Emerald card. That only applies if you don’t have a checking account to have it deposited into. They are not very clear about that.