Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

Can't download 2011 State

[ Edited ]

I need to download 2011 State for Oklahoma.  I paid for it, then deleted the program from my computer when my taxes were done.  I now have need to reprint my federal return, but the program won't allow me to open my 2011 federal program unless I have state loaded, and I can't get state to load.  How do I fix this without paying for a program I've already paid for once? It's acting like Oklahoma for 2011 is no longer available to be downloaded, which should not be as the tax man requires 7 years of taxes to be kept, therefore HR Block should keep the program available for redownload for at least 7 years.

Tax Pro

Re: Can't download 2011 State

Hi taxedtoomuch,

Welcome to the community.

You can download the state software from the H&R Block website if you would like.  The H&R Block software is available for download going all the way back to 2008.

Click here for the 2011 tax software and then scroll all the way down the page to download the software for your state by itself.

Also, the IRS will provide your transcripts and/or a copy of your tax returns for any or all of the past 10 years if you file the appropriate request form.  Form 4506 is for an actual copy of your tax return and Form 4506-T is for your tax transcripts.  A copy of your return costs $50 while your tax transcripts are free.

Your best bet at being able to download the software without having to pay again is going to be to call H&R Block client services at 1-800-HRBLOCK and request a free download for the software you already had.

I do hope this helps you out & I'll be here if you have any other questions.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Trusted Pioneer

This no longer appears to satisfy the question.  The only state downloads are either for purchase or the state updaters (is that the whole state package) for 2016.  I too need 2011 California - I have the 2011 Fed recently re-installed - but am unable to install the state from within the software, and it does not appear to be available on the website.

Highlighted
Tax Pro

[ Edited ]

Hi spoolin01,

The link in the older post above still goes directly to the 2011 download page.  I just checked and California pulls up without any issue.  However, they did change the download procedure at some point.  If you didn't purchase the 2-year download protection service that it offers (which may not have been offered in 2013 and would also have run out for that year by now) or if you purchased the software at a store then you'll have to call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK to get a free copy because it will not let you download for free otherwise.

I can't guarantee that they'll give you a free download but if you paid for the software and it was supposed to come with a state return and you simply can't download it then they should be able to give you a free download coupon code.

Here is a link directly to the page for California:

2011 CALIFORNIA DOWNLOAD

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)