Financial Products

Financial Products

Questions about financial product options? Find discussions around a wide variety of financial service products here. Looking for your first debit card or a seasoned saver looking for tips to build your bank account, this is a great place to share and learn.

Pioneer

Can I Pay a Bill with Account and Routing Number?????

I just want to know if I can pay a bill using my routing and account number like I would a check?? They wont take my card number and will only do it this way... TIA

Tax Pro

Re: Can I Pay a Bill with Account and Routing Number?????

Hi RobNaz,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Are you referring to a tax bill or an H&R Block bill for fees?

If you're referring to a tax bill you can only pay by debit or credit card or if you mail your tax return you can pay by mailing a check to the IRS.  The IRS offers a secure payment option called "Direct Pay" through its website for tax bills.  Most states also offer a secure payment platform on through their department of revenue websites.

If you're referring to paying H&R Block for something you'll normally be asked for a debit or credit card number.  In an office you can write a check if you would like.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

I am refering to a bill like a credit card bill or a utility bill. I have an emerald card that I got when I had my taxes done and I would like to pay my bill with the routing number and account number associated with my emerald card like I would if I had a bank account.  They don't the number on the card just the account number and routing number. 

Highlighted
Tax Pro

RobNaz,

If you have a permanent Emerald card with your name on the front of it then yes, you have an account number & routing number that you should be able to use for that.  You can access your account information in MyBlock or call the support phone number on the back of your card, although I don't know if they will give you your account information over the phone.