Do It Yourself

tphi312

how long does it take to get your emerald card in the mail if you file online?

im about done lol....i filed online on the jan 28 and was told id recieve my emerald card in the mail in 7-10 days, its been 12.....on the irs wheres my refund website my refund was approved and i have a direct deposit date of february 10th...i still havent gotten the card in the mail...it didnt come today....mail doesnt run on sundays..and monday is the 10th...so if i dont get it in the mail monday then ill just have a refund with noway to access it....i started off not even mad about it, i just wanted to ask a question...but then i call customer service and get automated recording asking if its about my emerald card...i say yes...they ask for my 16 digit card number....i dont have one, thats why im calling....so i call back and say no its not about my emerald card....and then the automated voice asks me why im calling and i explain and then it directs me back to the same emerald card automated thing asking me for my 16 digit card number...so i hang up and call an actual h and r block office so i can talk to an actual person and she says she cant help me with anything i filed online and directs me back to the same number i just called before that to talk to an automated person....so i get online and try the chat support.....that was 2 hours ago and im still number 61 waiting in line to talk to somebody....this is rediculous, i could have filed free somewhere and saved 50 dollars and just waited for a paper check and saved all the hassle...but as for my question....how long does it take to recieve your card in the mail if you file online?....any answers would be greatly appreciated...thankyou :smileyhappy:

Valued Pioneer
avenuto04

Re: how long does it take to get your emerald card in the mail if you file online?

Hello tphi312 I am currently in the same situation and was wondering if your card arrived on time??? I thought the emerald card was a great idea but I am currently getting worried about my choice
raegan81

Re: how long does it take to get your emerald card in the mail if you file online?

Same situation here. I spoke with a branch and they said you can get a temporary card at their location to use until the actual card comes in the mail.

jessuhka

I was supposed to get mine on the 6th and still no card. on the irs website my refund says it was sent but still no card. its really starting to make me mad. raegan81 who did u talk to about getting a temporary card?

Valued Pioneer
avenuto04

Has anyone had any luck yet. I am suppose to get mine deposited tomorrow and still no card ughh..
cpifer

Hey I filed on the 3rd and IRS accepted online on Feb 3rd I was told today your card is mailed the day IRS accepts your return so for me that was the 3rd and they said I should receive my card in the mail anytime today to Friday would be 7 to 10 Business days from the time IRS accepted it, So I hope to get my card this week IRS sayd funds would be sent to bank on Feb 12th.

Valued Pioneer
avenuto04

I called several h and r branches and they all said since we used online services we are not able to get a temp card from the branch. I am currently calling the help line and i have been on hold for 20 minutes. But once i know something i will let everyone know.
Valued Pioneer
avenuto04

After waiting 25 minutes for a rep to get on the phone I was informed that I needed to call emerald card customer service. Once I called them I was informed that my card was not mailed out until yesterday (Feb 10) and they don't know why. So the emerald card help line is 1866-353-1266 i hope this helps...
cpifer

Very helpful Avenuto04 thank you I called and she said my card has been mailed she couldnt tell the exact date but said it's def been mailed out Thanks for you help !

Valued Pioneer
avenuto04

Hi all!! I have great news! I was able to go my local branch and have the one I ordered cancelled and they gave me a new card right there in the office!! So if you don't want to wait you can get one instantly at the branch. All you need is your I.D.