Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Do It Yourself

t82
t82

Re: Why is my tax return still pending?

So Cindy you're saying it is the IRS and not h&rblock???

Associate
CindyK13

To be honest with you, I really do not know!  Our tech support says they are working with the IRS to get all returns fully processed ASAP.  We have had returns accepted starting Jan 24th.  We can not figure out how they are deciding what ones they process when.

Cindy Kowalski
Senior Tax Advisor 5
22 years experience
Benders-SM

I did my taxes in 1.22 and still no update. Website says it was sent to the IRS on 1.29.14 but no update. Never had this issue before
1Honey

Why is my tax return still pending?

I am having the same problem. I filed on the 29th thinking Id get the ball rolling. My taxes are still "pening" on the H&R website.

I went to the IRS website and used the "wheres my refund" tool and they don't have my information. Called and spoke to a very nice woman at H&R 1-800-472-5625 and she just read me the same screen I've been reading. She couldn't tell me anything more than my refund is pending.

This is very frustrating considering most of my friends/family went with TurboTax or something else and are already accepted by IRS. Whats the problem,we need real answers H&R!!!

hannahpage

I filed on january 22. My status was transmitted all the way til today. Now it says pending. Has not been accepted yet via the wheresmy refund on the irs site. Hoping things get moving soon.
miller12122008

Could the fact that we filed before H&R Block started charging 14.99 for the EIC Form have anything to do with the fact that our taxes have yet to be accepted all because the company didnt weasel $15 out of me??? I filed on the 8th of January. My sister just filed yesterday using the same filing status and claimed EIC and paid the $15 and hers is accepted already!

1Honey

Why is my tax return still pending?

The plot thickens. I just chatted with someone via the online chat and got absolutely nowhere. She typed the same words "It just means the IRS has not looked at your taxes yet". No matter what I said, no matter what I mentioned. she typed the same thing. Her name is KeaziaC. This is the last time H&R gets my business. No answers, just responses from a script.

OLDSGIRL

I did my taxed on 1/28 and it's been in pending status ever since.  I just used the Where's My Refund tool on IRS.gov and it says my return has been received, but the H&R Block website is still not updated.  I can't file my state return until my Fed return has been accepted.  From what I've heard, in order to get my direct deposit next week, it needs to be accepted by today.  Hopefully that will happen, but I don't think it's fair that folks who filed AFTER all of us are being processed and accepted BEFORE us.  This could be a H&R Block issue or an IRS issue.  Somehow I don't think either one will admit who is at fault for this. I think there should be a delay and the tax prep fees should not be posting until our returns are actually transmitted.  When you place any other online order, tney aren't supposed to actually charge you until the item is shipped.  It should be the same case here.  If you're not gonna transmit my return unitl 1/31, you should not be able to deduct the funds from my checking account until that date.  Just my opinion, but I think H&R Block needs to review their business practices and how much they are charging us to use their online software, and hold up to their end of the bargain.  When you finish your return H&R Block is giving the impression that early filers will be accepted first.  Obviously this is not really the case.  Thanks H&R Block.

laqueenamomma2

I filed last week and mine still says pending on the HRB website.  Im just wondering if there is really an issue and if I should refile?  I have always been accepted within an hour of filing.  I really dont care when i get my return, i just need to know if there really IS or is not an issue with the filing of my taxes!  Ive tried calling and just get placedon hold.......

Pioneer
deat

I am getting really worried about this, everyone I know has already been accepted, I called turbo tax and they said if you refill maybe both returns will be acceted I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO, I am afraid they lost my taxes!!!!!!