Do It Yourself

B_NAcworth

Why is my tax return still pending?

Why is my tax return still pending? I submitted them on 2014/01/22, and the IRS started accepting today?

No rejection, nothing...just "pending".

Associate
CindyK13

Re: Why is my tax return still pending?

Good Evening and welcome to the Community.  The IRS has started accepting returns today.  They are taking them a few at a time.  Hopefully by midnight, they will have accepted all returns!

Cindy Kowalski
Senior Tax Advisor 5
22 years experience
Pioneer
ShannonRaye

Mine still is too and I did mine on the 28th, did my dads today and his was already acceopted? Does it matter if you file single or married on how fast they are accepted?

Associate
CindyK13

So far, we can not find a reason why some went already and some are still waiting to go.

Cindy Kowalski
Senior Tax Advisor 5
22 years experience
Pioneer
treyo

mine is also i did mine the 8th of january very disappointed in HR block all of turbo taxes is getting done and i thought me doing it early would "hold my Place in Line" 

Pioneer
riz09

My tax return is also pending... I filed mines 30JAN14 and my sister did hers 31JAN14. She received a message it was accepted couple of hours later today. She did her taxes through Turbotax, i doubt its the "place in line" why hers got accepted first.

B_NAcworth

Why are those filed after those of ours that are pending are already accepted?
hb044

I am furious with HR Block. 20 years of going with them, ups and downs, and now this. I am thru with this tax service and will file somewhere else from now on. I have already told all my family members, friends and co-workers NOT to file with HR Block and they are using TT or TaxAct. I spent $300 in fees for prep of our taxes with HR on 1/15/14 and nothing updated with HR site or IRS. I am not blaming the IRS this time, if HR can process the walk-ins today and yesterday, going ahead and getting them accepted, then they could have taken the time to put ours first. It seems they are going backwards and not forwards. I will advise everyone to use another tax service. I know it is not every HR tax preparers fault, some are really helpful, but as large as the corporation for HR Block is, they should have been already on top of this and at least refunded some of our money or let us pull our forms and refile somewhere else where we could have already been accepted. Never again will I ever use HR Block or recommend them.

trasielynn

This answer is CRAP!!  I have been on many forums today, and not one of HRBlock customers have gotten accepted yet!  I finished and paid for mine on Jan 17.  Still pending....it won't even let me file my state return now.  There were rumors about HRB "losing" some of the returns.  I don't think this is true either.  We are all in limbo.  GOODBYE HRBlockhead!!  NEVER AGAIN!!

kimmy08

I submitted my tax return on Jan 23 and still has not been accepted by the IRS.  My brother and sister also did theirs that same day through HR Block and theirs got accepted on Jan 28.  My co-worker did hers Jan 28 through HR also and got accepted the following day.  It is now Jan 31 and I still have not been accepted.  What is going on???