Do It Yourself

Pioneer
Josh232

Trouble E-filing: SSL Error

SSL Error: bad server certificate or incorrect PC date Please check the date set on your computer. Because of this error I can't e-file. Any body know what I need to do about this?

Pioneer
Josh232

Re: Trouble E-filing: SSL Error Bad Server Certificate

Does anyone with H&R Block Customer Service ever check the Community for issue that customers maybe having?

I still can't e-file or download state (Mississippi) file due to SSL error: Bad Server Certificate. Need help, please. Super Thanks.

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: Trouble E-filing: SSL Error

Welcome to the Community. I passed your question along to our software team and got the following feedback:

Check the time on your system:

1. Double-click on the time at the lower right-hand corner of the screen (System tray).

2. On the Date & Time tab, set the correct date and time.

3. Click Apply.

4. Click OK.

Disable any anti-virus software such as Kaspersky.

Change your H&R Block software proxy settings:

1. Click Tools in the top left corner of the software.

2. Click Proxy Settings.

3. Select the option Use the system automatic proxy configuration script.

4. Click OK.

5. Attempt to install the state or E-file the return again.

6. If the above steps do not work repeat, and select option Disable all proxy settings on step 3.

Restart your computer prior to attempting to e-file your return or purchase a state.

If you are still having issues I'd recommend calling our digital support team at 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625).

JerryG

dmravenell

Thanks a million! I've been fighting with this error for 3 days. I called H&R Block and the representative was unable to help me. After changing the default proxy setting, my efile went through!

grammamoose

Yes  - I have the same error.  I can't even register.  It tells me I have to change my date and time on my PC????  Which I have done several times.  Looks like this is the last time I buy a HR tax program.

Pioneer
mssj

Thank you working fine ..now. Thought I was goning to have to give up on HRBlock software