Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Do It Yourself

elizabeth_batis

Re: Want To Switch Online or Software Versions? Here's How.

they mean going from premium to basic version of the software. i got stuck with premium as well. :smileysad:

sprint2255

Why would you say in the forum here's how, then give a phone number to H&R block. No body wants to see this, take this off its useless.

Community Manager
JerryG

sprint2255,

Sorry if you felt my subject line was misleading. I'm just trying to provide guidance for a common question. The only way to switch version is through client support. I've edited the subject line. I hope that's more helpful.

Thanks, JerryG

Pyle

Re: Filing Process Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change from Premium Filling to the free one? It didnt give me a choice and I am not sure how to change it...

mstrtchr05

Re: Need To Switch Online or Software Versions? Call Our Client Support Team. 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-4

[ Edited ]

I have been waiting for a REALLY REALLY long time on the phone. Do the customer service reps answer? This is very frustrating! 

myforesons

Re: Need To Switch Online or Software Versions? Call Our Client Support Team. 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-4

I had the same problem.  After reading these threads I am calling my credit card company to try and cancel the purchase of this software.     

The deluxe software version asked me if I wanted to upgrate at the first window.  Halfway through the interview, I find out I need premium and I have to go through the hew account loop.  

How can the programmers of this software be so stupid as to not allow an upgrade option?   These must be the same people that designed the Obamacare website.

DD232323

My app was automatically set to deluxe edition and is charging me to e-file federally $29.99. I used the same app as last year and was only charged to e-file my state return. I called to see how I can change my edition or even refile under the free edition and after a 42
Minute wait the rude customer service employee said I had to start a whole new account and could not explain why it changed my filing edition. I do not mind refiling but do not want to start a new account to do so because I have all of my precious years returns I. Here. If I have to make a whole new account and start over I will go somewhere else then. Very very disappointed with the customer service
Could you help me change the software version? DD232323 account name Ddjp23@aol.com
dannie

How about switching up?   I started on the free version but I now want to upgrade.  Is this possible at all or am I going to go to turbotax as well? :manfrustrated:

lovettejr

after an extremely long 45 min. wait on the phone, i was told the same thing...to create a new account.  this is absolutely ridiculous. 

thanks h&r block, i'll be going straight back to turbotax. 

gini14

I have tried 2x to call and was placed on hold for more than 35 minutes each time.  No one could help me.  I started my taxes on Form 1040 but I would like to switch to the 1040A.  Is there someone who can explain the steps to me please?  I would like to get my taxes done very soon.  Thank you