Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Do It Yourself

katieh29

How do I cancel my H&R account?

I decided to file with Turbo Tax.  I am uncomfortable leaving all of that info on the H&R Block website.  How can I cancel my account?

Client Support
BarbaraA

Re: How do I cancel my H&R account?

To delete your HRB Account:

Click the gear icon in the top left corner of the screen.
Click on Delete Account at the top right of the screen.
Enter the accounts username on the Confirmation prompt.

Click Delete.

Log out of the account. This step MUST be completed to ensure the account is deleted immediately.

NOTE:

When you delete your account, all of your information will be deleted. Meaning:

• You will no longer have access to any and all returns including prior year returns attached to the account.
    • Note: Save electronic copies of any returns prior to deleting the account. 
    • You can gain access to your office prepared returns again by creating another My H&R Block account and successfully completing the ID-proofing process.
  • You will no longer have the ability to import information from this account.
  • Any information entered into this account will be deleted.
  • Note: My H&R Block accounts that are deleted will lose any documents that have been uploaded to them.

joelsaxton

This information is incorrect. There is no delete account link when I click the gear.

katieh29

This is not working for me. There is no delete account option.

Valued Pioneer
TammyN72

I wonder if it has to do with how you access it...I tried this two different ways, the first time through my saved link for my account and when I clicked the gear it did not give me the option to delete the account; however, when I went to hrblock.com and signed in straight from the top right I did get the option to delete my account after clicking the little gear by my user name