Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Do It Yourself

valmen
Accepted Solution

Help with error code from rejection report, please!

[ Edited ]

I did my taxes a couple of days ago (H&R Block Tax Software 2013 Deluxe + State, loaded on my laptop). I chose efile option & sent it on its way to H&R Block's servers. Sometime later, when I checked status, I got a rejection report. Below are the error codes from the rejection report:

You Have 2 Errors
Error 1 of 2
Rejection Code: 32-FD-F8283-028-01
Unable to Process Your Tax Return Electronically

Error 2 of 2
Rejection Code: 32-FD-F8283-035-01
Unable to Process Your Tax Return Electronically

I went over my return again, form by form, check for errors & found none. I resubmitted yesterday evening & got the same rejection report today. I tried looking up what these error codes mean & got no where. I even called H&R Block customer support and although the lady on the phone was nice & patient, she couldn't figure it out.

Has anyone else experienced this or can point me to a path to resolve it? I've used the software since it was "TaxCut" without any issues until now & would hate to have to go to TurboTax or bring my return (relatively simple, I just have straight wages & car donation to report) to a tax preparer. Thank you in advance!

Associate
CYCLIST

Re: Help with error code from rejection report, please!

The first thing I would expect is, The IRS is NOT accepting returns until TODAY!   This error is most likely a way of telling you

The IRS is not accepting returns....yet!     My advise is wait a day or two and check on it again.

Good luck!!

J

valmen

Thanks for the input, Cyclist, but I doubt that is the issue. Here is the error message from the software:

"The IRS rejected your Federal return on FRI JAN 31, 2014 11:37:52 AM."

I would assume that the IRS accepted the return, checked it & sent it back for some error. If I could get an understanding of what those rejection codes mean, I can start on resolving whatever is the issue.

Community Manager
JerryG

valmen,

Welcome to the Community. I did some research with our digital product team and found our what the IRS rejection codes are referring to. 

For the first one, the IRS is rejecting because the user is donating a vehicle and the IRS wants to receive the return by paper with a paper copy of the Form 1098C or equivalent statement. 

The second is because the IRS requires the vehicle VIN number for a donated vehicle.

Sometimes the IRS will permit e-file while still require paper proof be sent separately. In this case the IRS is requiring the return and the proof all be paper filed. Unfortunately it appears the IRS is inconveniencing you for your good deed. Sorry to have to deliver you this news.

JerryG

Community Manager

valmen

While the IRS is indeed inconveniencing me, I appreciate very much that you & the rest of the H&R Block team came through. Thanks so much, I'll print out my return & send it off ASAP!

Spiceyyy

I also received a rejection code in filing my Illinois taxes.  I also have federal and Missouri that went through fine, but the Illinois was rejected and supplied Rejection Code Number: 32-IL-ILICR-900-4.  After reviewing the report, it is not letting me know what the problem is and only tells me to print and send my taxes by mail.  It would be nice and save some time if I knew what the error was and was able to fix it before I sent it by mail...  It doesn't seem very smart to send it in when there is an obvious error.  Can someone please help!!??  I have also contacted an H&R Block person by chat and she did not have any answers except to send it by mail.  I have also used this software for YEARS without every experiencing a problem.  Any help is greatly appreciated in order to fix the error before I send the paper copies.  Thank you for your time!!

duckjibe

[ Edited ]

I have a DONATED VEHICLE GREATER THAN $500

Form 8283 Section A PART 1 Row A Column (b) Requires VIN (vehicle identification number)
The HR block interview asks for this information but does not place it in the 8283 form as required.
The IRS rejects returns without the VIN in this box.
IRS rejection code 32-FD-F8283-035-01

The IRS allows one to submit an 8453 with a 1098C or equivalent contemporaneous written acknowledement after filing electronically.

Is there a work around for this?