Do It Yourself

wgTC96

Re: Early Filers and the 570 Code

Nice to know others are having this same difficulty.

In my case, Where's My Refund can't find the return and has'nt been able to do so since about 2 weeks after filing.  I'll try the tax advocate route to get an explanation for the 570 code appearing on my account transcript. 

Valued Pioneer
mzbennett

So here is the lastest BS.  I called was asked have a I received letters.  I say just the one that says you have to review and says it may take up to 30 days.  Sooo, she says that puts in the May 5th area.  WTF really.  I'm like so these transcripts are worthless huh.  She's like you just got it before it was sent out...  She was useless.  Now i'm led to believe there were letters sent to me that I haven't gotten.  This is a shame. smh

Pioneer
kbklv

[ Edited ]

Nope I haven't forgotten about y'all!  I called the IRS and they stated I was under review for income verification.  The rep also told me I'd recevie a 4464c letter listing several possible reasons for the review, but assured me it was for income verification only.  I don't qualify for a Tax Advocate however, I know of a person who did.  Her TA has been with the IRS for over 20 years.  Her TA said that this was a the worst tax season she's ever seen.  The three things she noted:

1. The fraud flags were set too strong inthe beginning, and too many people are being flagged for no reason

2. Employers who use Intuit products may have generated incorect W2s, so the IRS must now manually verify income

3. The Social Security Administration was late in receiving data tapes, and is now just beginning to process them

The SSA data tapes are important because they are a main tool for income verification and withholding.  It could explain the massive amount of flags the IRS' system generated so early on.

Valued Pioneer
mzbennett

:smileymad::mansad:You I think this is just a shame.  It is sad that we can not do anything about it.  I still have not received any letters and they still have no information.. I'm holding on to the hope that no news is good news as long as I do not receive a letter.  And, i'm assuming which i know i shouldn't that because the lady didn't tell me they were keeping it or that there was a problem she can see that everything will work out fine.  I just have to wait.

hartmjo3

Has anyone had any luck at all figuring this out?  I filed Jan 28 and got 2 570's around Valentines day.  Nothing has happened since.  This is such a pain in the ass I can't even think stright.  If anyone has any updates on what is going on please post.  Not sure what to do about it. 

Valued Pioneer
mzbennett

Nope still nothing on my end. No more letters nothing. Calling is pointless on my end so i guess i just wait.
Pioneer
kbklv

Update:

My wage transcripts posted yesterday, which means the SSA data tapes are thankfully being processed.  As of today (4/1) my "As of" date is still listed as 3/31 with two 570s (dated 3/10) and no 971 (even though I received a 4464c letter on 2/25/14).

I am hearing that if your wage transcript shows up, it means you could soon see a 571 + 846 code pair (meaning freeze release and refund issued), or a 424 code (meaning audit).  H&R Block filed my taxes on 1/31 and they were accepted on 2/1.  A person on another tax forum who filed a day earlier than me, just got her 571 + 846 pair of codes eight hours ago.  I'm keeping the faith that since my wage info has been processed by the SSA, the IRS will run its wage matching script, I'll pass, and will soon have my 571 + 846 code pair too.

My prayers go out to all those who have been affecte by this early filing snafu.  Speaking only for myself, I will never file before March 1st.  Never.

Valued Pioneer
mzbennett

Thanks to this site and everyone responding and keeping us all up to date.  I went back on and check my transcript... finally got a 571 plus 846 code.  So, now I guess i'm just waiting until 4-21 which is the date that the refund shows issued.  I hope this is the final step.  And i'm still praying for you all.  This is just ridiculous on so many levels but it could be worst.  Just keep hoping, wishing and praying..stay positive.  Will keep you posted.

Valued Pioneer
mzbennett

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:  EVERYONE TRY CHECKING WHERE'S MY REFUND AGAIN.  I JUST CHECKED THIS MORNING AND I HAVE A RELEASE DATE OF 4-4-14.  LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS.  GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

Spoiler

Pioneer
kbklv

[ Edited ]

Okay, now I'm totally lost.  It's April 2nd, and I still have an "As of" date of 3/31 with two 570s and no 971 (even though a 4464c letter was received on 2/25).  I did have to send in a form 8822 last week because I recently moved.  Good heavens, I hope that didn't throw another wrench into the system.

Guess I shouldn't complain, I've been praying not to see a 424 show up on my transcripts.  Looks like God is giving me exactly what I've been asking for!

I'm glad to hear others have received their refunds.  I'm hoping to join y'all soon :-)