Do It Yourself

Pioneer
kbklv

Early Filers and the 570 Code

Filed: 1/31
Accepted: 2/1
Cycle: 20140803 (I read this as 2/24)
Transcript codes: 150, 806, 766, 786, 570 (3/10), 570 (3/10)

Additional Notes: The second 570 was slapped on just today (2/21).  Where's my Refund (a.k.a. WMR) only shows processing.  I have no four digit code (e.g. 1121).

After speaking with the IRS today, I was able to confirm that there was indeed a computer glitch for early filers.  What I'm discovering across the web is that us early filers have been hit with a 570 code (or two), and possibly a 971 code.  A 570 code means the refund has been frozen.  A 971 code means a letter has been sent to you from the IRS.  Today I called the IRS at 1-800-829-1040, which resulted in an automated system only.  I had to call a tax advocate at 1-877-777-4778 to get transferred to an IRS representative who could help me.  He told me the IRS' servers were inundated with millions of requests, and that many files were being reviewed manually.  Since I hadn't reached the 21 day window yet, I was told to call on Monday (2/24) and someone would look into my file to see if more information was needed from me to release the funds.

I'm hoping when I speak with the IRS on Monday that my theory will be proved true:
The cycle date of 2/24 and the 570 date of 3/10 indicates the two week window for the manual review of my return and the issuing of a direct deposit (a.k.a. DD).  To me this looks like nothing more than a scheduling thing.  If I had millions of files to manually go through, I'd want to pace myself as well.  I'll keep everyone posted with my progress.

If you don't know what transcripts are go to: www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript‎.  I've found this to be far more helpful than the Where's my Refund site (a.k.a. WMR).

H&R Block, what is your take on this issue?  What have you folks heard?

Valued Pioneer
mzbennett

Re: Early Filers and the 570 Code

I am very annoyed at this.  I filed 2/3.  I did research and saw the same things but i got 2010805.  I'm not sure what that means.  Then I saw a 3/10/14.  I almost wish I had not even done my taxes and just waited until the last minute.

Valued Pioneer
mzbennett

do you have an update.. or have you forgot about us because you got your refund lol

amyk

I have this problem also! I can not see my transcripts though so I don't knwo if I have a code or not. But i am an early filer that has not reiceved anything, nor any updates.

Gbr
Pioneer
Gbr

As of 2/23 I could get my transcript. It had the 570 on it twice. Haven't been able to see my transcript since. Every time I try it says they can't verify my identity and the account is licked for 24 hours. I filed on 1/31 and was accepted the same day. Still no refund.
CRitchey

My refund was stuck in the "your refund is still being processed" state on WMR.  My transcripts also have the double 570 code, but when I called the IRS I was told that I was lucky enough to have my refund randomly selected for random review.  In short I am randomly being audited.  Even though I have one of the most basic tax returns, claimed nothing except for the credit for attending college and what was taken out of my paycheck, I am still being audited.  So now I have to wait for the IRS to send me some letter and then I should hear something within 60 days from receiving that letter.  Upon furthur reading the statute of limitations imposed on the IRS that states how long they can hold onto a return is 3 years...THREE YEARS!!!  I'm so glad I could contribute a portion of my paycheck every pay period just to be slapped in the face and robbed.  What a great country we live in...

Gbr
Pioneer
Gbr

Received a letter today stating they're reviewing my return because of:
1. Income you reported on your return (came from my w2)
2. Income tax withholding amounts reported your return
3. Claims for tax credits you made on your return
4. Business income you reported on your return (no business income to report).

The only reason I can think if is I claimed mileage for volunteer work and I foster for a rescue and claimed some expenses for that. But I e done that for the last 3 years with no problems before. They said they may be contacting others for mire info. They also said if I haven't received my refund or heard from them within 60 days from the date of the letter I may call them, that puts me at 04/26. So much for tiling early. Sucks!
Gbru

After 3 weeks of not being able to see my transcript, I was finally  able to see it again.  Still has the same codes, no change.  This is so frustrating!

Valued Pioneer
mzbennett

Well i still have no change i got that stupid letter about the 60 days... i had a w2 just claimed my kids as i always do and nothing else.  This is a bunch of crap.  ITS SAD THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO. The IRS can take money to spend illegally on trips and stuff and other BS but yet we can't get our money that we are entitled to once a year.  THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS.

Gbr
Pioneer
Gbr

No change here either. If I'm lucky maybe I'll see that money by the of April but I'm not counting on it.