Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Do It Yourself

aks
aks

Can you efile a return that has a schedule c using the simplified method for the home office?

Can you efile a return that has a schedule c using the simplified method for the home office?

under the accuracy review stage, I get the following warning

You cannont efile when you have more than $1,500 on line 30 of Schedule C and you used the simplified method for one of your home offices.  You can file a paper return.

The thing is the amount on line 30 is $1,125 which is under the $1,500.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Client Support
Chanel

Re: Can you efile a return that has a schedule c using the simplified method for the home office?

Welcome to the Community! Due to the extensiveness of the answer to your question, it's probably best that you speak with a digital expert who can walk you through the process and address the issue. Please call 1-800-472-5625  Option 2 for further assistance.

dhowe

Re: Can you efile a return that has a schedule c using the simplified method for the home office?

I received  the same error even though the amount in line 30 was only $990. I tried getting help from the on-line chat but their solution was either to print and mail or to not use the Safe Harbor Deduction and enter actual expenses. The next day I called the help line and spoke with an agent who said that this was a known issue that would be corrected in the February 25 update (for PCs). I was using a Mac and that next update isn't until March 4th. I have loaded the software on my PC and await the next update.