DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Trusted Pioneer

print out 2015 return

How can I print out my 2015 return? Program will not let me select it, only will alow me to select file with .T16 ending.

Also unable to locate live chat that HRBlock claims they have.

Tax Pro

Re: print out 2015 return

Hi p118,

If you're using the online software you will need asisstance from support at 1-800-HRBLOCK to print an official copy of your tax return without the watermark.  You can print a return that has been filed from the online software by clicking on it in MyBlock.

Here's how you can print a return in the desktop software:

1. Open the H&R Block Software.
  2. On the My Taxes screen, click Open Return beside the return you want to print.
  3. Click Print on the toolbar in the upper-right corner of the screen.
  4. In the Return list box, choose the return (federal or state name). Then choose one of these:
    • Official return — Prints all official forms in your return and the instructions for filing them.
    • Official return plus worksheets — Prints a copy of all official forms in your return and data entry forms and worksheets.
    • Selected forms/materials–– Prints only the forms you choose.

Choose one of these:

• My Forms — To see all forms and worksheets in your return with data.
      • All Forms — To see all forms and worksheets — including those without data.

In the list, choose the forms you want to print. We'll show you the estimated number of pages that will print.

You can also print the mini-worksheets and itemized lists for a form. Just choose Include mini-worksheets and itemized lists. You can't print mini-worksheets or itemized lists by themselves or submit them to the IRS or state.

5. Click Print.
Trusted Pioneer

I'm using the desktop software. In the My Taxes screen the only return it shows is my 2016 return, even though the 2015 is in the same folder. So I can't select it. However there is a link that says "Looking for a prior year's return?". If I click on that it says I have to repurchase that year's program at a cost of $55. So your advice appers to be wrong, unless I'm not seeing something.

Pioneer

I am having the same problem with my return...  My Federal was accepted, but my state wasn't.  I go to print it and I get an option to print Fed or State, but no option to print official.  When I print it, the form is 'squished' on the left side of the page and there is the message Not for Filing on the upper right of each page.  

Pioneer

I have a similar problem, I am trying to open a T16 file, but the computer I installed the software on is no longer functional. 

How do I view my 2016 tax return without the software?

Associate (Pioneer)

You need the 2016 software to view a .T16 file.  If you downloaded your original 2016 software from our website, you can call software support at 888-482-9288, and they should be able to give you a link to re-download it.