DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

installing second deluxe program on same computer

I installed the Deluxe program on my laptop and have successfully filed the return.  Now a relative wants me to help with a separate return.  We have a second Deluxe CD but I cannot load it.  When I try to run it my original copy is referenced asking me if I want to delete, modify.  How can I install this second program and save it as a separate file?

Esteemed Pioneer

Re: installing second deluxe program on same computer

Why do you want to install second version of the software?  You can initiate and file as many returns as you want with a single copy of the software.

Pioneer

Had the same issue with 2016 deluxe+state and premium.   Since both were purchased and each include a free state, should be able to download 2 different states😡

Valued Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Install the second one on a different windoze user account, and ensure that you put it in a DIFFERENT directory.

Highlighted
Pioneer

Called Customer Support because I had used my 5 e-files. First was told to purchase another copy to get 5 more. Didn't work. Called back now I am told second version will not work on same computer. Getting refund.