DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

how to import turbo tax data into Business Version Form 1065

I am using the Business version, Form 1065.  I have used Turbo Tax Business for several years.  H&R states that their software will import data from TurboTax.  My problem is I can not find how to import the data. 

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: how to import turbo tax data into Business Version Form 1065

1. Sign in to H&R Block Tax Software as a new user. Choose one of the following:
      1. Click the Start Without an Account button.  Review license agreement and check the check-box agreeing to the terms and conditions. Click Next.
      2. Click the Create My Account button. Enter a username, password, security question, and e-mail address. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions of the license agreement. Click Create Account.
    2. On the Overview page, choose Start My Taxes to begin federal tax preparation.
    3. Select TurboTax under Online or Software.
    4. Click Next.
    5. Click Browse
    6. Browse to last year's file. (Generally, this file resides on your C:\ drive under My Documents. Look for the folder called TurboTax. Your tax return file will end with ".TAX2012" or ".PDF") Note: If your file has a .tax extension instead of .tax2012,  right click on the file and rename the extension to .tax2012.
    7. Click Import File
Pioneer

The reply given is not a solution.  You can not start a 'FREE' Business return to be able to import a TurboTax file,  This may work with a personal return, but NOT BUSINESS, since you can not start a return for free,.  I tried the 'browse' option on the actual purchased business software and it tells me the 2012 tax return file is not in the folder (which it is, but HRBlock does not recognize).  I am highly upset, as on the back of the retail box it states that one can quickly and easily import from the TurboTax software.

Associate (Council Member)

Naomild,

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried calling our digital support team or using the in-product live chat feature for assistance? You can get information on product support options here: http://www.hrblock.com/support/index.html

JerryG

Check BoxDid my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as an accepted solution by clicking on the green "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!
Valued Pioneer

I did call support who told be I could NOT import TT business into HR Block business.  I called again today but was told they are closed for the (January 2nd) Holiday!?

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Waiting to hear the results of this.  I specifically purchased Premium and Business since it says it imports from TurboTax.

They say that have online chat, but I cannot find it.  As a computer professional you'd think I'd be able to!

I called and spoke to Customer Service and after about 20 minutes, I was told that my "problem" was being escalated and I would be called in 24-48 hours.  Unfortunately, I missed the call, and when I called them, I waited on hold for literally 40 minutes.  I can't afford to waste so much time on this.  I'm going to ask for a refund and go back to TurboTax Business.  It may be quite expensive, especially when having to add another $50 for the state filing, but my time is worth money and trying to get H&R to work is a waste of both.

Pioneer

Same problem.....I need to import my 2015 turbotax business file and it says it doesn't exist.   Need for form 1120S and California 100S.   It says on the website that this works, but I have no clue how.

Pioneer

Same problem here. When I try to import from the folder where my .tax2014 file is located it tells me "the selected folder does not contain the 2014 program". What program? Why would I have H&R Block's 2014 Business program on my computer and a Turbo Tax 2014 Business return?

I also fell for the "import quickly from Turbotax line."

What I think happened is that they copy pasted the same text from their personal editions and business does not support the import from TT feature. Searching on Google brings up this same issue going back to last year so I'm guessing we willl not have any solution and that H&R block is content with us returning the software and getting out of their hair.

Pioneer

I take it no one has found a solution?  And no response from H&R customer service?

If it's true that Business won't import, I would have stayed with Turbotax.

Pioneer

So anybody know or have tried ? - Can H&Block Premium & Business 2016 import TurboTax 2015 business return? (S-corp)