DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

how do I file 2016 return late after extension was filed

Tax Pro

Re: how do I file 2016 return late after extension was filed

Hi hennp,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

If you're filing through H&R Block you can use the 2016 downloadable software, but you'll need to print & mail your tax return to the IRS as e-file ended on October 15th.

If you live in certain areas in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, California, and Georgia or if you live anywhere in Florida then you have until January 31st to file your 2016 tax return.  The extension deadline was extended for those living in federally declared disaster areas.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Hi Louis,

How can I download the 2016 software?  

Hi krisfris,

Welcome to the Community. You can download past year's software on the H&R Block website here.

Regards, Harold

Tax Pro

Hi krisfris,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

You can access the back editions page through the link that Harold provided, and you'll find 2016 on that page.  I thought I would also give you a more direct link to the 2016 download page.

2016 TAX SOFTWARE

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)