DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

how do I e file form 4868

how do i access and e file form 4868

Client Support

Re: how do I e file form 4868

If you're filing online you need to log in to your online account, it will bring you to the page that says Welcome back! Towards the bottom of that page under tax Filing Resources it will have a link to file an extension. Follow that link and the steps it prompts. Thank you for joining the Community, have a nice day!

-Misti

Pioneer

I'm not seeing it there.. I see the area you're talking about, but it only has the options to amend a return or reset my pin.

Please help!

Client Support

Okay, let's try it this way, (without signing in) at www.hrblock.com. Hover over the File Online tab then on the right hand side you will see the category Other Resources and under it is the File an Extension link. That should get you where you need to go Smiley Happy Thank you for joining the Community, have a nice day!

-Misti

Valued Pioneer

I'm in the same boat. I've done my taxes with HR Block since 2010, and i dont see "file an extension" on my screen when i login. 

Here's my menu of options. 

http://imgur.com/yet7Aag

Client Support

You can't file an extension if you've already filed your taxes. All taxpayers are generally required to file their 2013 tax return and pay the full amount of tax due by April 15, 2014 to avoid penalties and interest. The IRS will provide extra time to file your federal tax return (October 15, 2014), but taxes owed must still be paid by the deadline. You can file online or let one of our experienced tax professionals file an extension for you. If you haven't already filed your taxes, follow this link http://www.hrblock.com/lp/extension.html it will help you file an extension. This is directly off our website.

-Misti

Pioneer

Hi there, like the others, I also don't see the file extension via ANY of the method you stated above.

Using the "Hover" method, it only took me to my "welcome" page and not the 4868 page.

'

This is very frustrating. There is no way to access the 4868 form at all.

Client Support

Per IRS instructions, Form 4868 Extension of Time to File must be filed by April 15th. Since that date is past, the ability to file an extension is no longer available. Thank you for joining the Community, have a nice day!

-Misti

bft
Pioneer

Hi, I am attempting to e-file (free file) form 4868, before the deadline.

The free-file page http://www.hrblock.com/taxes/partner/index.jsp?otpPartnerId=5358 has a link saying "H&R Block Free Supported Forms" and the list does not inlcude 4868. However, inside the tax interview application, the list of available forms DOES include 4868. How can I access the form and e-file through Block? I am living abroad and I need to be able to file this extension. Please help. Thanks!

Ben

Pioneer