DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

e-file status

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I was wondering if you could tell me why I haven't received an email confirmation to my e-file return, which I did on my own. I e-filed on April 6. I got my receipt after paying for e-filing. For the federal return instructions, the copy I received after e-filing says that I have to wait until I get the email confirmation that my return was accepted and  the copy  of the federal return says "Copy Only do not File." I assumed that I didn't have to mail the federal return since it was sent to the IRS electronically. I mailed my state tax return though, which I did following the instructions. 

I'm concerned that my federal return was not e-filed correctly since I haven't received any email from the IRS that it was accepted or that I'm going to miss the deadline for filing due to a technical error. Could you help me with this? Thank you. 

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: e-file status

You can check your e-file status yourself by following the steps below:

If filing online with a username and password:

1. Log into your account.
  2. On the Overview page you should see a status column next to Federal near the center of the page.
  3. This column will provide the status of your return or have a Check Status link
  4. If Check Status is displayed, click the link to find your status.

If filing with software installed on your computer:

1. Open the H&R Block software.
  2. Under Your Saved Returns you should see your return and a status column listing your status.
- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO
Pioneer

Hi, thank you for your response.

Yes, I see the overview page, and it doesn't show status except  the link/box for FILE after--Overview, Federal and State--. Once I click file, which I think I already did, it shows this message:

Everything looks great! Your return is complete.

But it seems I'm doing this process twice. I already got a similar message before filing and completing the filing process. I paid, got my receipt, and my return copies (federal and state), but I didn't receive any email confirmation. 

Associate (Pioneer)

Can you private message me with your username?

- Matthew
Pioneer

Same is happening to me - “your file is complete” but then it says “review” in the view my online taxes. I’ve gone through all of the steps with no e-file option ever appearing, only to print and mail forms. 

Highlighted
Associate (Pioneer)

You may have forms that are disallowing e-file. There should be messaging when you follow the steps above if you are unable to e-file. If not, please private message me your username so I can investigate further.

- Matthew