DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: Your activation code is invalid?

I've gotten new activation codes from your robot phone system.  Neither works with the dash or without.  Please help

Associate (Pioneer)

The activation code provided by the phone system should work, are you receiving a specific error message other than the code not being valid?

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO
Pioneer

Same problem. Old code or new code doesn't work.

Pioneer

Same problem. Old activation code wont work and neither will new one from robocall. Tried all cases and with and without dash. Feel like HR block is being purposefully fraudulent hoping people get frustrated and pay even though it should be free with the purchase

Pioneer

Done forever with HR block and telling everyone who will listen how nonrepsonsive and fraudulent your business practices are.

Associate (Pioneer)

I've sent a private message to each of you with a new activation code. If you are receiving an error message, please include it in your post.

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO
Highlighted
Pioneer

[ Edited ]

I, too, was getting the error that the e-filing key code is invalid. I've called the 1-800-HRBLOCK number twice for a new code and each of those codes were rejected, too.

I even tried to remove the dash, but it still was rejected.

Finally, I called 1800HRBLOCK and skipped the auto-robot to go directly to a human. She gave me a new code and said to NOT use the dash. The code she gave me was a little different from the others... it was only letters and no numbers, all caps.

HRBLOCK needs to clarify the entering of the key code... NO DASH even though the sample shows a dash.