DIY Products

Pioneer

What is H&R Direct and why install?

Just finished installing the tax return software and got prompted to install something called H&R Direct a few seconds later.  What is this and why do I need it? A little description would be helpful. With computer security weaknesses being expoited on an almost daily basis, I'm cautious of any extra software installations these days, especially if I don't know what it's for!!

Community Manager

Re: What is H&R Direct and why install?

twowheelin,

Welcome to the Community. I apologize I missed your question and just noticed you hadn't received any feedback. I checked with our client service team and they told me that H&R Block Direct is a widget that is installed after the software is installed that sends update notifications to the client. Again sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks, JerryG

Check BoxDid my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as an accepted solution by clicking on the green "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!
Pioneer

Why is there a fee for this service?  I do not recall a fee in prior versions.

Pioneer

1.  Could we get a reply to the question about fees?

2.  The design is misguided.  I don't want an interruption unless/until there's an update.  Presently, I get a screen every day telling me there's nothing to tell me.  You can do better.