DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

What happens if I submit my taxes before Jan 23rd?

[ Edited ]
If you file your taxes before the tax season starts, H&R Block will accept your information and hold it in the queue for transmitting until the IRS opens for processing on January 23rd. Submitting earlier than January 23rd does not mean you will get your refund faster or sooner.

H&R Block and the IRS would also like to remind taxpayers to make sure you have all your year-end statements such as W-2's, 1099 forms, etc. before filing. Failing to include information from these forms in your filing could result in the need to amend your tax return later on.

Check BoxDid my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as an accepted solution by clicking on the green "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!