DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎06-07-2017

Used HR Block Tax Software, Got a Notice Saying Return was wrong, How do I get help?

I used the HR Block Deluxe software. Got a letter today saying my Indiana Tax credits was wrong. Went back to my software and and checked the information I answered and provided. It was all correct.


Note: I couldn't E-file because it required something from last years tax return I couldn't provide. So I ended up paper filing.


Since I didn't e-file can I go into any HR Block to get this information fixed? 



Trusted Council Member
Posts: 6,191
Registered: ‎02-23-2016

Re: Used HR Block Tax Software, Got a Notice Saying Return was wrong, How do I get help?

Hi CoryS1990,


Welcome to the H&R Block community.


You can go to any office and get this corrected, however it will cost you much more to go that route than it will to do it yourself or get me to help.  Of course sometimes it's worth it to go through things with a tax professional so that they understand it the next time.


My suggestion is that you visit the Indiana state DOR website where you can complete your tax return for free.  You'll be able to correct the errors yourself.




You could also tell me what the letter said and then I'll see if I can figure out how to fix it in the Block software.  Click on my name to send a private message.


If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.



Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)