DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Update Error: The requested URL was not found on this server

Running H&R Block 2017 on a MacBook Pro (10.13.2).  Tells me Fed and California updates are available, but craps out with "Update Error The requested URL was not found on this server" error.  Any idea what's going on?

Valued Pioneer

Re: Update Error: The requested URL was not found on this server

Same issue here.

Pioneer

I am having the same problem running on High Sierra (10.13.3).

Associate (Pioneer)

squatty,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please contact our Technical Support Department for a software download. That way you will not need to update it. it already fully updated. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

-Tashia

Social Media/ KCMO

Pioneer

I have been searching the H&R Block website and can't find exactly where the "Technical Support" section is.  I called, and after 15 minutes of waiting on hold was told that there was a high call volume and I should call back later and was hung up on.   

Please give me an exact url to Technical Support or a specific phone number not the general one.

Thank you

Pioneer

Same issue.  Trying to call and have been on hold for an hour.  All I need is someone to give me a download link.  Why, oh why, can you not just have email support?  This is such a waste of a time.  There are better call center management systems out there that allow for call-backs when you move to the front of the queue or at a specific time...so many opportunities to not be bad with customer service, and yet H&R block has managed it anyways.

Trusted Pioneer

Not sure which phone number you tried, but scanning their Twitter feed revealed these two numbers for their "Digital Team":

888-482-9288

855-897-8639

The second one seems to be given out more frequently.

Valued Pioneer

Has anyone been able to successfully get an updated download or any help from Technical Support?

I purchased the software from Amazon and tried a fresh download from them, but it has the same problem.

I'd sure like to be able to file my taxes.

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

Eureka!

I found that the Back Editions & Updates page actually contains the 2017 updates also:

https://www.hrblock.com/tax-software/updates-back-editions.html

Specifically for me, I was able to download and install updates from:

https://www.hrblock.com/tax-software/updates-back-editions/federal-mac.html

and

https://www.hrblock.com/tax-software/updates-back-editions/state-mac.html

After I had installed these updates from the website, it was then able to contact the Update Center and it actually installed 3  additional updates downloaded through the program (the last of which was called HRBlock_6601X_UPD).  Now it finally seems happy.

I hope this works for the rest of you, too.