02-03-2014 01:13 PM
SSL Error: bad server certificate or incorrect PC date Please check the date set on your computer. Because of this error I can't e-file. Any body know what I need to do about this?
02-03-2014 06:37 PM
Does anyone with H&R Block Customer Service ever check the Community for issue that customers maybe having?
I still can't e-file or download state (Mississippi) file due to SSL error: Bad Server Certificate. Need help, please. Super Thanks.
02-04-2014 10:22 AM
Welcome to the Community. I passed your question along to our software team and got the following feedback:
Check the time on your system:
1. Double-click on the time at the lower right-hand corner of the screen (System tray).
2. On the Date & Time tab, set the correct date and time.
3. Click Apply.
4. Click OK.
Disable any anti-virus software such as Kaspersky.
Change your H&R Block software proxy settings:
1. Click Tools in the top left corner of the software.
2. Click Proxy Settings.
3. Select the option Use the system automatic proxy configuration script.
4. Click OK.
5. Attempt to install the state or E-file the return again.
6. If the above steps do not work repeat, and select option Disable all proxy settings on step 3.
Restart your computer prior to attempting to e-file your return or purchase a state.
If you are still having issues I'd recommend calling our digital support team at 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625).
02-10-2014 08:24 PM
Thanks a million! I've been fighting with this error for 3 days. I called H&R Block and the representative was unable to help me. After changing the default proxy setting, my efile went through!
03-09-2014 11:21 AM
Yes - I have the same error. I can't even register. It tells me I have to change my date and time on my PC???? Which I have done several times. Looks like this is the last time I buy a HR tax program.
04-19-2015 10:27 AM
I changed the Proxy settings to "Automatic" as advised by Jerry and it worked. Did not have to change date (which was correct) or re-install.