DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: Trouble E-filing: SSL Error

more info - even when trying to activate HR Block 2013 at Home software on OSX 10.11, I get the same SSL Error.  The system.log entry is:

Oct 25 23:34:16 Mac-mini TaxCut.real[7610]: dynamic_cast error 1: Both of the following type_info's should have public visibility.  At least one of them is hidden. N7MvcMgmt10MvcMessageE, N7CmdMgmt19ChangeTopicStateCmdE.

So I can't even activate software I just purchased on OSX after entering my activation code and clicking the button "Activate Now".  Nothing to do specifically with state package.  

Please advise.

Pioneer

I am having this ssl error problem also but all the things suggested didnt work i have called supprt 3 times and they still cant figure out how to fix i t my pc does have the right date and the proxy server settings is on automatic. Any other suggestions on what i might try? 

Pioneer

Was this ever solved?  I am filed a return late and am getting this same message.

Pioneer

Was this ever solved?  I am getting this message now, filing a late return

Highlighted
Pioneer

There are OSX patch downloads for more recent H&R block versions.

I had the same trouble filing 2012 & 2013 on MacAir on Mavericks, complaint on time and PC certificate error.  

In Mavericks they will not register, e-file or download state versions.

The last OSX that worked for me was Lion (10.7) when they were first installed.

Print and file the Federal version is possible, manually do the state. 

Other possible fixes?

1)  If you have an older Apple device, try running on Lion or Mountain Lion.

Or burn on external media an older OSX with H&R Block installed?

2)  Run the software in Windows (VirtualBox or Fusion, or borrow a PC),

Read this thread on getting / running Windows version,

http://community.hrblock.com/t5/DIY-Products/How-to-open-previous-year-on-windows-in-a-mac-version-t...

Hope H&R Block tests more frequently OSX backwards compatibility or provide warning messages to avoid consumer surprise and switching tax software.