DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

The program didn't calculate vehicle expenses for MAZDA CX5 because...

I saw others having this same issue going back to 2014 with no luck. I'm getting the message "The program didn't calculate vehicle expenses for MAZDA CX5 because miles used for business/investment are missing or equal zero." I've deleted the vehicle from my returns but the issue is still coming up. If I have to start my entire return over I'll just gather the forms and fill them in by hand, this is ridiculous.

Tax Pro

Re: The program didn't calculate vehicle expenses for MAZDA CX5 because...

Hi dancemonkey,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

It sounds like there is still something in your return(s) that's making it attempt to calculate your vehicle deductions.  Have you checked back over everything to make sure all vehicle-related questions for that vehicle were left blank?

I would reccommend calling client services at 1-800-HRBLOCK for assistance with this as they can look at it with you and figure out what's going on.

The system has a problem.  It keeps having me go through all the sections, except the section asking about mileage on vehicle and mileage used for business.  I keep clicking "Fix Issues" and it is not working or helping me!!!!! I can not go to this specific page!

Issue 1 of 1
The program didn't calculate vehicle expenses for 2015 HYUNDAI SONATA because miles used for business/investment are missing or equal zero. Delete 2015 HYUNDAI SONATA information if not used for business purposes.

There is a problem.  The system is not FIXING THE ISSUE.  It will not take me to the needed page to enter my mileage information and claim my business mileage.  I can't get anyone to HELP!

Associate (Pioneer)

Hi Sunsiray - 

I've sent you a private message. Please respond for further instructions. 

Thanks,

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate