DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

The program didn't calculate vehicle expenses for MAZDA CX5 because...

I saw others having this same issue going back to 2014 with no luck. I'm getting the message "The program didn't calculate vehicle expenses for MAZDA CX5 because miles used for business/investment are missing or equal zero." I've deleted the vehicle from my returns but the issue is still coming up. If I have to start my entire return over I'll just gather the forms and fill them in by hand, this is ridiculous.

Trusted Council Member

Re: The program didn't calculate vehicle expenses for MAZDA CX5 because...

Hi dancemonkey,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

It sounds like there is still something in your return(s) that's making it attempt to calculate your vehicle deductions.  Have you checked back over everything to make sure all vehicle-related questions for that vehicle were left blank?

I would reccommend calling client services at 1-800-HRBLOCK for assistance with this as they can look at it with you and figure out what's going on.

Pioneer

The system has a problem.  It keeps having me go through all the sections, except the section asking about mileage on vehicle and mileage used for business.  I keep clicking "Fix Issues" and it is not working or helping me!!!!! I can not go to this specific page!

Pioneer

Issue 1 of 1
The program didn't calculate vehicle expenses for 2015 HYUNDAI SONATA because miles used for business/investment are missing or equal zero. Delete 2015 HYUNDAI SONATA information if not used for business purposes.

There is a problem.  The system is not FIXING THE ISSUE.  It will not take me to the needed page to enter my mileage information and claim my business mileage.  I can't get anyone to HELP!

Associate (Neighbor)

Hi Sunsiray - 

I've sent you a private message. Please respond for further instructions. 

Thanks,

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate 

Pioneer

What was the solution to this issue?  I'm having the same problem now. 

Associate (Neighbor)

Hi TDE002 - 

The steps to resolve this issue will vary based on the specific forms included in your return. You may need to revisit your entries in the: 

• Self-Employment or Business Income (Schedule C) section,
  • Job-Related and Moving Expenses (Form 2106) section, 
  • Rental Income and Expenses (Schedule E) section, or, 
  • Farming Income and Expenses (Form 4835) section. 

Entries related to vehicles you've entered in the program may need to be edited or deleted, based on your specific circumstances. For best assistance, please call 1-800-HRBLOCK, or if you prefer, reach out to us via secure chat using the Help/Help Center feature within your product.  

Thanks,

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate 

Valued Pioneer

I'm having the same problem, and it just so happens to be a Mazda CX5!

There is clearly a bug in the computer code that is preventing the "Vehicle Used in Business" screen from fully deleting a vehicle once it's in there. In my case, the screen is showing a first and third vehicle, but nothing else. When I print the schedules it is showing three vehicles, but I have no way to delete the erroneous second vehicle.

When I carried over my info from last year, the vehicle page showed my first vehicle (Toyota RAV4) as the only vehicle. I then added my Mazda CX5, but the screen says it's the third vehicle. The invisible second vehicle is the Mazda CX5 being carried over from last year.

Associate (Pioneer)

If this is in the online program, you may need to delete the business the vehicle was used in and re-enter your information.

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO
Valued Pioneer

It's not the online program. I use the Premium ($50) version of the downloaded program.

I hate the idea of deleting the entire business and starting over again, especially when I don't know if that will actually fix the problem. I have a great deal of data that I spent hours getting together, but I suppose I can slog through each page and write down my entries then delete them and try again.

I'll report back after I try that.