DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Solution! Can't e-file IN return due to missing info from W-2 (tech support can't help)

Federal return was e-filed, accepted & refund received, but program indicated that e-filing for Indiana was unavailable due to missing info on W-2.  If the IRS will accept return & pay refund then what's the issue?

I contacted online support ~ no help.  Contacted phone support, again no help!  Both indicated that I should just print off & file via mail.  Doesn't anyone who works at customer support understand how their program works?!

***ISSUE & SOLUTION***when entering in W-2 info via the interview, if county taxes were taken out for multiple counties, you can enter the info but no state identifier is transferred to the additional counties.  I had to manually go into W-2 worksheet form & enter state info in each "box 15".  Saved the return & then tried to e-file the IN return; success!

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: Solution! Can't e-file IN return due to missing info from W-2 (tech support can't help)

Glad you were able to figure this one out.