DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Second State showing as Not Filed

Hello,

I did my sister's taxes and she moved in the middle of the year. She is a current resident of Colorado and a past resident of Nebraska. Her Colorado State status is Accepted. Her Nebraska State Status is Not Filed. I went through the filing process again and can not tell where I need to go to file her Nebraska state taxes. When I hit check status it says Federal accepted and Colorado accepted but doesnot have an option for Nebraska. On the left in the State Refund it has a drop down to view Colorado's and Nebraskas, so I know it is done.

Thanks for any help.

Tax Pro

Re: Second State showing as Not Filed

[ Edited ]

Hi adavila6776,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

So since you've already filed the federal tax return and the second state return your only option at this point is to mail the Nebraska tax return to the Nebraska department of revenue.  The H&R Block software requires that the state returns be e-filed when you e-file the federal return.

How did you have the state returns set up?  They should both be part-year resident returns.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Hi H&R I have the same problem except that it is a NY return which must be filed electronically. What should I do?

Pioneer

Sorry for the late reply. Both were set up to be part time. I guess I will have to mail it in. How do I print just the Nebraska state return? 

Associate (Neighbor)

Hi adavila - 

To best answer your question, can you tell us whether you are using the H&R Block desktop software, or have you set up an account at www.hrblock.com?  Steps vary dependent on which product type you're using. 

Thanks,

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate 

Pioneer

I have the desktop version. 

Sorry for the many UNs. I guess I started another account without realizing I already had one.