DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Schedule C Code error

I'm trying to file my taxes, but there's "1 issue" that H&R Block won't let me file without fixing.  It's on my Schedule C from my eBay auction revenue.  I selected non-store retailer, then electronic auctions; this gives me the code 454112, but as you can see, it's a problem!  I can't change what's in red without changing the dropdown menu just above it.  I've tried a few other codes.  "999999" works to get rid of this error, but then my state won't let me e-file with this code!  Please help.

Esteemed Pioneer

Re: Schedule C Code error

Unfortunately, I can't see your picture, so I can't see the error thrown, or the difficulty in changing the code. 

I also have an eBay business, and I know that the IRS consolidated a few Sch C codes.  In our situations, they combined the codes for online shopping and online auctions into a new code:  454110.  That's the one we'll both use this year.

Hope this helps!

Pioneer

Re: Schedule C Code error

Thanks!  Don't know why the program didn't choose this code automatically, but it fixed my problem!