DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: STATE UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE

Why isnt the Connecticut state tax return not able to efile yet, only print and mail?

Tax Pro

Hi bigboytone1,

Welcome to the community.

There were several states that were experiencing e-file difficulties on Block's end, however most of them have been corrected and the rest are being worked on.  I have just received an update that Connecticut will be available for e-file tomorrow, so I would try to send your state return any time after 12pm (noon).

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Tax Pro

Hi everyone,

I have just received an update that the following state, which was one of those that was experiencing e-file difficulties on H&R Block's end, will be available for e-file tomorrow!  That state is:

CONNECTICUT

Tax Pro

Hi everyone,

I received an additional update earlier that the following state will be available for e-file tomorrow!  That state is:

NORTH CAROLINA

Pioneer

Any news on when New York state will be ready?

Trusted Pioneer

Any update on New York pls for delux CD software version. When will e-file be available? It was 20th then moved to 24th and then 27th. Now i see it says Feb 3rd.

Any inputs pls.

Community Manager

The latest information that we have from our Digital team is that there are four states that have yet to enable efile when using the H&R Block software.  Those states are:  Louisiana, Georgia, New York, and Ohio.  We are working deligently with these respective states to get the service enabled as we know it is an unconvience for many of our clients.  We have not been provided dates at this time for any of the states, but we will continue to monitor and update these threads when more information becomes available.

Check BoxDid my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as an accepted solution by clicking on the green "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!
Esteemed Pioneer

I'm in Georgia, so that's the reason I can't efile. I was trying to efile both the federal and state at the same time and it would go no further.  Now it says the Georgia update will be ready Feb. 3rd. Would it be best to go ahead and efile the federal and wait on the Georgia?

Tax Pro

Hi everyone,

WINDOWS UPDATES

The following state updates are now available for WINDOWS:

Coloarado

Maine

Virginia

Trusted Pioneer

Does anyone have an estimated date for NY efile yet on the HRB software?