DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: Rejected state return

Thanks for the informaition. Not sure what this will involve since my VA state taxes are listed as transmitted with no acceptance, I'm assuming due to the efile certification issue. So were they actullly transmitted, I'm assuming they were not. Thanks.

Pioneer

It gave me the option of e-filing again this afternoon. Hopefully this time it gets accepted. Thanks for the help!!

Tax Pro

Hi Vanemisa,

Welcome to the community.

Texas does not have an income tax.  If you did not work in another state you only need to file a federal 1040 return.

Pioneer

Is there any update to Connecticut state efiling through HR block online??? I'm still getting the following message: "you've already filed your main return now let's file your additional state return". I then click next, everything is carried over, I go submit and it says "connecticut is accepting returns by mail now. Or you can wait to file electronically when it becomes available, we will email you when it becomes available". It then says to choose to print and mail or to wait to efile later. I keep choosing efile because I have already PAID!!!!! but I'm getting extremely frustrated. Especially since I PERSONALLY called the Connecticut department of revenue and they said this is a huge problem on HR block side because CT is in fact ACCEPTING STATE RETURNS ELECTRONICALLY. I WANT THIS FIXED so I can file. And I want my $29.99 charge for this refunded immediately.
Tax Pro

Hi Krissy1,

I know that you're upset, and you're not alone.  Of course we'd like all of the states for which there issues to be available for e-file right away, but unfortunately it didn't work out that way this year.  They are actively working on Connecticut though (see the list posted earlier in this thread) and I promise that I will update you as soon as I have some additional information on your state.

A state update did become available for Connecticut for the desktop software earlier today so I'm sure the online version will not be much longer.

As for getting a refund, the only way that is possible is through client services at 1-800-HRBLOCK.  Keep in mind that you paid for the use of the software, not for the ability to e-file, so I can't promise that they will offer you a refund but I can understand why you would like one and you're welcome to ask.

Again I will definitely let you know as soon as we have an update and our moderators will also post updates in this thread as they come in.

Louis.

Pioneer

Hello. I wanted to know when I would be able to efile for NC. I was able to file my federal and it was accepted but, the state will not file. NC started accepting efile on January 23. I'm getting the same message to efile later or mail it. I used the online method to file. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Pioneer

Hey yea that happened to me as well - r they exception Iowa returns yet for state?

Macaroni1,

Welcome to the Community. I'm told by the digital products team that they anticipate NC efile to be available tomorrow.

Thank for your patience.

Harold

Pioneer

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Pioneer

Hey Was wondering if there is an update on Iowa yet or when u think they will except Iowa
?