DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Tax Pro

Re: Rejected state return

For the time being, unfortunately yes.  Hopefully we'll have an answer for the online software sometime tomrrow.

It looks like the online software is the same issue as the other states had e-file issues, something with the e-file certificate, but they don't have it on that list that came out earlier for whatever reason so I'm still trying to find out what's going on with that.

Trusted Pioneer

Happened to me, my daughter and my sons return...very frustrating. 

Tax Pro

Hi mindypants9,

I'm assuming you're from Minnesota, but if you're from another state which one?  Are you using the online software or desktop?

I've requested an update on Minnesota and Michigan and I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Trusted Pioneer

I just talked to a supervisor at H and R block and he said to wait until the 30th and I should be able to re submit my efile to MN state. If not then I have to print and mail...also asked if I have to do the work and it cannot be e filed how do I get my money back that I paid to efile my state under the deluxe version if it cannot be e filed? He said he is not sure how they would go about doing that, if they would give me a key code for next year to file for free or what they would be able to do? I told him that I am not paying for a service that I am not getting. If I am unable to re submit all of our state returns (mine, my daughter and my sons) and have to mail them off they will be paying me and my kids back and paying to mail the taxes to the state. They should have had an alert that MN would not be able to efile at this time and I would have gone with a different company all together. It is very frustrating to know that you did everything right and somehow things get messed up and its not your fault. I hope they get this figured out soon because the longer I wait the longer it's going to be if I have to print and send them in. I am not a rich person and I rely on my tax returns to get caught up on things and to help with my daughters schooling. If I was rich, I wouldn't mind or care how long it takes but I am not so I do!

Trusted Pioneer

Yes MN, using the online version that I have used for years...

Tax Pro

You're certainly welcome to mail your returns if you would like.  The return will take the same amount of time to process as it would with e-file aside from the 1-2 days of transit time the return to your state department of revenue so there actually would not much of a difference in the timing of your refund.  States are usually pretty quick.

Also, thank you for bringing providing the new information.  I certainly apologize for the inconvenience and I know that the software guys are working on it as fast as they can as a bunch of the other states that had the same rejection issue were being corrected earlier today (see the list posted earlier in this thread).  As I mentioned before either myself or one of our community moderators will let you know along with the others who are waiting as soon as we hear something more.

Trusted Pioneer

Thank you for checking into all of this for all of us. I wish Block would give those of us who used the online version a keycode to download the software with the update so we didn't have to wait or re pay for it. I would rather efile than send in the return because its already paid for and from what I was told I'd probably be out the $36.99 for the MN state efile if I mailed them in and out of more money to pay for them to me mailed. 

Valued Pioneer

[ Edited ]
I was able to re-file my mn return this morning. Thank you Louis for all of your help!!!
Pioneer

My texas form was rejected and did mu efile 2x. Do i need to do a 1040 form? Or should i mail it in?
Pioneer

Hello!

My MN was rejected, then now it says it was corrected and i can re-efile...im so confused! Im hoping it will work this time, because i have no idea what error could have possibly occured.