DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer

Re: Rejected state return

Mine is from Michigan, which is also not on the list.  I hope its just a glitch.  My only available option now is to print and mail the return or choose to file later.

Trusted Pioneer

I hope so too, for both of our sakes. Nothing like trying to be on-top of taxes only to wind up inconvenienced! 

And, if either of our e-files was rejected for something other than a glitch wouldn't it be helpful to get more information than "E-File rejected" ? Man Frustrated

Tax Pro

You're welcome.

Yes, we just haven't gotten an update on all of the states yet.  If it was something on your end you would have gotten a code with a reason for the rejection.  I will update you as soon as I hear something about Minnesota.

In the meantime you do have the option to mail your tax return, and if you do that it may get to your state department of revenue faster.  It will only take about 1-2 days longer than to process than e-file due to the transit time so you probably won't even notice a delay in the timing of your refund.

Trusted Pioneer

Hey Louis, 

Thanks for getting back to us - any expected ETA for an update? And if we go the physical route...will HRB refund us for the postage? While it's not a major cost, it's my paper, my ink and my stamps... 

Tax Pro

You're welcome.

You would have to ask Block on that one.  I don't believe they will refund you for postage.

I'm going to inquire about Minnesota and Michigan as soon as I get all of the questions on here caught up so it probably won't be tonight.  Check back tomorrow.

Trusted Pioneer

Hey Louis,

Sounds like I was barking up the wrong tree directing that question at you! Oops! (Apologies!) 

Thanks for looking into this and following up - I know we all appreciate it! 

Tax Pro

Hi mjkhokanson,

Great news!

I've just received an update that the issue with Minnesota may be able to fixed with a software update and the update is now available.  If you're using the desktop software please click on the link below to update your software.  Note that this update is for Microsoft Windows so if you use MacIntosh it may be a little while longer.

STATE UPDATES FOR WINDOWS

Let me know if this doesn't work.

Louis

Tax Pro

Hi ASTPETER90

Great news!

I've just received an update that the issue with Minnesota may be able to fixed with a software update and the update is now available.  If you're using the desktop software please click on the link below to update your software.  Note that this update is for Microsoft Windows so if you use MacIntosh it may be a little while longer.

Louis

Tax Pro

Hi mjkhokanson,

Great news!

I've just received an update that the issue with Minnesota may be able to fixed with a software update and the update is now available.  If you're using the desktop software please click on the link below to update your software.  Note that this update is for Microsoft Windows so if you use MacIntosh it may be a little while longer.

Louis

Trusted Pioneer

Hey Louis,

If we're not using the desktop software (and did it online) are we out of luck for the time being?

Thanks!